Why We Collect, Use, and Share Your Information
We collect, use, and share your information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with requested volunteer opportunities. When you submit information on the “Volunteer” page, such as your first and last name, address, and phone number(s), we will use that information to respond to your request to volunteer;
- To process your financial donations. When you submit information through the “Donate” page, such as billing and contact information, payment details, and donation amount, we will use that information to process your financial donation;
- To contact you by email. When you submit information through the “Subscribe to Our Newsletter,” such as your email address, we will use that information to contact you by email;
- To compile aggregated statistical data which we or our organizational partners may use to provide and improve our services. This data includes information such as how our users came to our Website—such as through an online search or social media link—how long a user was on a given page (such as Films), and which pages are most visited;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
How and What Type of Information We Collect
We collect the following information from you:
- When you visit our Website:
- Name of your internet service provider;
- Your IP address;
- Your web browser and operating system;
- The search engine, social media platform, or website that led you to our Website;
- The pages you viewed on our Website, inclusive of date, time, and duration, as well as the order in which you viewed them;
- The files you interacted with on our Website, inclusive of date, time, and duration, as well as the amount of data transferred.
- When you complete the volunteer form on our Website:
- First Name, Last Name;
- Home and Work Phone;
- Special Skills (such as clerical, teaching, gardening, etc.)
- Area of Interest;
- and, Comments.
- When you submit a donation through our ClickandPledge “Donate” link:
- Amount donated;
- Frequency of donation;
- Billing and Contact Information;
- Any details you provide about your donation.
We collect this information through the use of the following tracking technologies and services.
A cookie is a small file placed on your device. This file can then be accessed by a website or internet service (such as Google Analytics) to identify your computer. Cookies enable websites and internet services to track your activity within the website or service and across the internet. The information collected can include:
- Information about your device, such as device type, model, screen resolution;
- Information about your device’s software, such as operating system and web browser used;
- Information about the network you are using, such as your IP address, geographic location, behavior on a website, date, time, and duration of your visit to the website, how you got to the website, and more.
Web Beacons and Widgets
- Web Beacons: A web beacon is a piece of code embedded in a website that initiates a server request to the tracking company. These web beacons are embedded across multiple websites and are often invisible and unobtrusive to users—so that most users are unaware of them. These beacons often take the form of a transparent pixel. When a user accesses a website with a web beacon present, then a server request is initiated that notifies the tracking company that the user has accessed that website. These web beacons can be thought of as digital cookie crumbs that enable tracking companies to know when a user has visited a particular webpage.
- Widgets are more complex pieces of code that enable websites and networks to offer services to users within and outside of their respective website. Examples include social media buttons (such as the Facebook Like button), multimedia players (such as YouTube embedded videos), and more. Like web beacons, these widgets are able to track users across multiple websites. Widgets also enable websites and tracking companies to collect additional information through the user’s interaction with the widget.
This Website uses Google Analytics. This web analytics service offered by Google tracks and reports website traffic. When you visit our Website, Google Analytics collects the URL of the specific page you visited, your IP address, and may create and read cookie data stored on your device. Apps owned by Google (such as YouTube) or that use Google Advertising services also share information with Google, such as the name of the app and the unique identifier for the advertisement. Google collects and uses this information to maintain and improve their services, deliver personalized ad content, measure the effectiveness of advertising, and more, across their networks.
To learn more about how Google Analytics operates, please see “How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services” at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Share Your Information
We only share your information with the following internal and external parties and for the following purposes:
Within Our Organization
We ensure that only those who require access to your information to fulfill their legal obligations are able to do so.
We may share your personal information with Service Providers (such as Google Analytics) to monitor and analyze your use of our Website.
We may share or transfer your information in connection with or during negotiations of any merger or sale of our organization’s assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our organization to another organization.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain services.
We may share your information with legal authorities as required.
With Your Consent
We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Store Your Information
We may store your data across multiple locations.
This Website is hosted by SiteGround, a web hosting company headquartered in Sofia, Bulgaria. SiteGround data policy is compliant with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Though this regulation only applies to EU Citizens, SiteGround has extended this policy to all users, regardless of their location or citizenship. The GDPR offers some of the best data and privacy protections for users, and this matters for you as all data accessed through this website is processed through the SiteGround servers. For more information about SiteGround’s Data Processing Agreement, please see: https://www.siteground.com/term/301.htm.
Click & Pledge
All mailing list requests are processed through Mailchimp, an email marketing service. Mailchimp collects, stores, and processes personal data (such as your name and email address), usage data (such as your interaction with emails sent through Mailchimp), device information (such as IP address and device type), and additional information from other sources (such as social media platforms). For more information about Mailchimp’s Privacy for Contacts, please see: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/#3._Privacy_for_Contacts.
Additional Service Providers
We may store your information on the servers of additional third party providers in order to provide our services and process your requests.
Security of Your Information
We make every effort to keep your information safe and secure. We do this by ensuring that only authorized individuals within our organization are able to access your information and by only contracting or partnering with other respected businesses and organizations. While we strive to keep your information safe and secure, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Should a data breach occur within our organization or with one of our partner businesses and organizations, we follow all applicable laws in contacting you immediately.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian, and are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us (see below). If we become aware that we have collected information from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Removal of Your Information
If you would like your information removed from our servers and for us to stop processing your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Access Your Data
If you would like to access the information we have about you—as well as the information we have shared about you with partner organizations and businesses—please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide you with all available records regarding your information, including a list of organizations that we may have shared your information with should records no longer exist.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website contains links to the websites of other organizations. We have no control over their content, and are not liable for the content nor data collection policies of these external websites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies.